**EMAIL ME AT memewowme@hotmail.com A general blog giving a bit of an insight into my life. I'm a BA (Hons) Media and Performance student and I love Martial Arts though haven't practiced for some time. READ THE RULES (BOTTOM OF PAGE, UNDER COPYRIGHT INFO) BEFORE POSTING COMMENTS **EMAIL ME AT memewowme@hotmail.com

26 January 2006

Are dolphins angels?


Dolphins have been known to attack people, but those attacks seem to be for good reason, for example if they are being pestered (not all of them enjoy being stroked or are happy with you swimming near their young). Also, I'm willing to bet they're not particularly happy when they are caught in nets from fishing boats or when, as might be the case in the second example in the links below in this story, they are harmed after they've save lives.

For the most part, dolphins seem to be really special creatures, with the ability to frighten off killer sharks. They've defended many humans, and one account that sticks in my mind is that of a man who was pulled under the water twice by a shark, and prayed when he emerged after the second attack, expecting to be pulled under again, believing he was about to die this time. So what happened when the shark pulled him under the third time? Nothing, because it didn't pull him under. A school of dolphins now surrounded him and guided him back to land (which, if you don't believe dolphins are intelligent, is a bit mad when you think about it, the dolphins knowing that he was not a sea creature and that he would be better able to get assistance on land).

So are dolphins angels of the sea? I don't know, but I'm pretty certain they're some kind of guardians, perhaps like the people who call themselves the "Guardian Angels" in New York subways (I think they're in New York anyway). Or maybe they're kind of like the police. The Sea Police.

Here's a few stories of dolphins saving lives...

There are plenty more, just look on google.co.uk. Unless you're in China, because google have agreed to block access to websites that have anything to do with Human Rights so that Chinese citizens find it harder to look at them. It seems google want Chinese citizens to be abused. In fact, don't use google. Use msn.co.uk instead. So why am I using google for the adverts above? Because it means I can make money from them without giving them a thing.








Do you think dolphins are angels of the sea?
Yes
No
I think they are the police of the sea, in a similar way to human police
I think they are an emergency response team




Free polls from Pollhost.com

16 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

No need to re-post all the comments that were on this thread, since they were mostly insults etc.. Suffice to say that if the person challenging me really wants to go ahead, give me a time for Saturday. Meet at the part of the CI wall that's near the roundabout then find space to fight from there.

P.S. if anyone really does know who the person challenging me is, please don't put any details here that make it too easy to know who he is - I don't want people's identities being give away by other people on this site, not matter how much of a prat they are.

If people start giving away the idenitities of other people, I'm gonna have to switch "comment moderation" on which means all comments will have to be approved by me before they are posted. I don't want to have to do this.

26/1/06

 
Anonymous sporran said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

26/1/06

 
Blogger PJ said...

The previous post has been deleted due to the website it linked to and due to the name of the link (which used a racist word).

Racism, sexism. homophobia, ageism, and other forms of discrimination will not be tolerated.

26/1/06

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me you've removed that hideous picture that went with it...made me feel sick!

27/1/06

 
Blogger PJ said...

yes I have - I deleted the whole post.

27/1/06

 
Blogger PJ said...

Well it's now around 9:45pm Saturday and I might go to sleep soon. Pussy still hasn't gave me a time for today, so I can only assume he's exactly what I just called him - a pussy. Too scared to fight me. If he wants to prove otherwise, I know he goes to the same campus as me so he can arrange a fight in person. But I know he won't. Cus he's a pussy.

28/1/06

 
Blogger PJ said...

Well as you can see, he didn't arrange a time to fight me. All he had to do was post a quick message on here (as he's been doing before, only he usually posts insults etc.) with a time. Simple. But he didn't. Because he's a coward.

29/1/06

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know that he she it goes to the same campus as you?

Just out of interest, and cos I am nosey!

Like a mini soap opera this is.

31/1/06

 
Anonymous hereboybass said...

the fact he hasn't posted is probably more down to fact he has other things to do rather than come here to read your inane tripe.

31/1/06

 
Blogger PJ said...

hereboybass... yeh sure, considering all the posts he's previously left on certain message boards

and anonymous, as if I didn't know anyway, he's already made it clear he lives at Castle Irwell.

1/2/06

 
Anonymous hereboybass said...

which message boards?

1/2/06

 
Anonymous Gizzawankwiyerbum said...

HAHA PJ you in a fight would be an F-ing riot!
Oh god I bet who ever challenged you must have been quivvering like a leaf on that saturday wondering if you were gonna come looking for him!
I will say this for you though, you art apparently very tall with very long arms so you could do that whole 'Holding a midget at arms length' thing in an attack situation. Does that fall under your blanket of combat skills?
And before you go on saving humanity by stating that I am being offensive to the vertically challenged - I am not, that it what the maneuver is called.

20/3/06

 
Blogger PJ said...

I know what "manoeuver" you mean, and I think it's rubbish. Try it on someone shorter than you to find out why. And I wouldn't need to do it. I'd just floor you. Simple. Don't believe me? Then try me. You obviously know me, so why not go for it?

23/3/06

 
Anonymous Gizzawankwiyerbum said...

Actually I did say "apparently" which means I've heard of you.
You're getting awfully full of yourself these days with the agression towards other posters and what not. Iyou might wanna chill out man it's all banter at the end of the day....!

26/3/06

 
Blogger PJ said...

You actually have a good point. I'm going to try to stop being so agressive (not that I was that aggressive anyway). I was just getting annoyed by people like you who say whatever you want on here and then say nothing to my face when you see me. But two wrongs don't make a right, so I'm going to try not to be even a bit aggressive.

27/3/06

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe dolphins are angels and I just wish the Japanese realized this and stop what they are doing.

17/4/07

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
Copyright notice: All pictures on this website have been taken from websites that offered them for free,
non-commercial use. If a picture from your website is here, but you tried to trick me by putting something like "free pictures"
in google search and then trying to charge money, TOO BAD. I don't appreciate being tricked. If you said the pictures were free,
they were free, I don't care if you subsequently tried to make me pay for them. If they weren't supposed to be offered for free,
then change your meta tags and keywords so that you are not tricking people when they search for free pictures. Until then, kindly
get lost. You're not having your picture(s) back. All articles on this website are copyrighted. Under English Law, copyright
automatically exists regardless of the existence of the © symbol. This website is run in accordance with English Law, and by
reading any part of any article on this website, or by commenting on this website, you are agreeing that copyright in relation to
this website shall be governed by English Law and that any issues relating to copyright shall be dealt with under English Law.
RULES FOR POSTING COMMENTS: No giving information which could help to identify any individual. No insulting or abusive language
towards any individual, No making assumptions about PJ (the owner of this blog), No racism,sexism, ageism, or other forms of discrimination.
No hurtful comments. No threats of violence/intimidation/similar threats, except against me. Ignorance of these rules will probably result in
your comment being deleted (or rejected). Apart from these rules, this is an open blog for people to post even controversial comments. Feel
free to diss large organisations. Feel free to diss this blog. Just follow the rules when doing so, and don't give me (or any other individual) any gyp.
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A RULE BUT... please leave a name, even a fake one, so that I can tell when different people post comments (if you're
all called "anonymous", it makes it difficult to tell that you're different people) - you can still remain anonymous by clicking "other"
when you post a comment then putting in a fake name and NOT putting an e-mail address.
Thanks!